BANYAN - 1980 102' 1" PALMER JOHNSON Cockpit Motor Yacht
Dania Beach Florida United States $999,950 USD
Dania Beach Florida United States
Available for the balance of a lease purchase. Video and Matterport tours available
$100,000 price reduction July 16, 2021
Boarding through the Pilothouse area one passes through a generous side deck walkway into the Pilothouse with a large updated helm followed by a bench seat aft and ladder access to the Flybridge.
Next aft is the oversize Galley expanded from the usual narrow Galley on contemporary sisterships. All appliances have been updated in 2018/2019.
Next aft is large Salon with an expandable dining table forward, a couch to starboard, loose seating and a popup TV to port with an amazing amount of storage space in perimeter cabinets.
A fully enclosed full beam Aft Deck is next aft. Port and starboard cabinets flank a motorized dining table with built in and loose seating. Portside steps lead to the large Cockpit addition with a huge walk in Lazarette.
Back in the Salon steps in the port aft corner lead to the Accommodations below. A Master Cabin is aft with an island California king size berth, ample storage and separate His and Her Heads, each with a separate shower.
Next forward is a twin Lower Berth Cabin with a pullman, inboard to port. It has a full ensuite head with a stall shower.
To starboard is an identical cabin modified to have a tapered queen/double berth and a pullman inboard, also with a full ensuite head and stall shower.
Back in the Pilothouse curved steps to starboard lead down to the surprisingly large Crew Area.
Forward is the double berth Captain’s Quarters with forepeak head. Next aft to port is a small desk, further after is a four person dinette followed by an over/under criss-cross berth Cabin with a private head to starboard. This area also has extra refrigeration.
The Flybridge of BANYAN has a centerline helm, dining for six aft to port, a wet bar to starboard and aft of the tender and crane is a large U shaped seating area with a high low table.
The area has a large four person upholstered seat aft facing a varnished teak top motorized hi-lo table with three all weather rattan chairs and two matching ottomans.
To port are painted cabinets with four doors hiding abundant glassware storage.
To starboard behind a door is a 38 bottle Wine Cave cooler, two large storage drawers and a large cabinet.
Forward to starboard is a gently sloped eight step ladder to the Boat Deck. A cabinet with a drink fridge and a wine cabinet are under the stairs.
To port is a cabinet, a Manitowoc clear ice icemaker, two drawers, two cabinets with additional storage and drawers within, a bar sink and a hidden Sharp 42” popup TV.
Also on the Aft Deck are ten overhead LED lights on a dimmer, two stereo speakers and digital AC with the equipment located under the Boat Deck seating above.
Entering the Salon through double teak doors from the Aft Deck one gets a very spacious feeling with the large side windows and uncrowded feel of the furniture.
Immediately to starboard is an L shaped bookshelf partially enclosed with tambour doors. Lying in front is an upholstered chair and matching ottoman.
Next forward is a three person leather “nail head” sofa flanked by end tables, the aft one round, with an open shelf below and a table lamp above. The forward end table is a four door cabinet with a matching table lamp above. Four large windows with wood blinds are outboard. Demi accent drapes are at the mullions.
A/C delivery is via a teak soffit around the perimeter with hidden rope lights.
To port upon entering the Salon is a cabinet housing the yacht’s main deck stereo gear behind a tambour door.
- Onkyo A/V receiver for Salon
- Sony A/V receiver for the Aft Deck
- Sony DVD player for Salon
- Sony DVD play for Aft Deck
- Direct TV Sat receiver
The curved cabinet masks the curved stairs to the accommodations below.
Next forward are two chairs and a table facing each other. Outboard is a new cabinet well disguised into the original joinery enclosing a pop-up Samsung 60” TV. Further forward is a round dining table, expandable with a leaf to seat six or eight with four bamboo/wicker chairs. Four large windows with wood blinds are outboard.
Surrounding the dining area are six cabinets outboard and two large tambour cabinets forward with pegged deck storage and four teak drawers for cups, saucers, cutlery, etc.
Above flanking illuminated artwork are four glass display cabinets and one more cabinet for linens.
Also in the Salon are 16 overhead LED lights on dimmers, five channel stereo speakers with a hidden subwoofer, digital AC controls and a carpeted sole with a removable runner.
Just forward, inboard is the Day Head with a marine toilet, teak vanity with seven small drawers and a cabinet below and an undermount china sink in a granite countertop with a wide spread faucet fixture. Beveled mirrors surround the vanity. The sole is teak and holly. Above are three overhead LED lights.
Back in the Companionway, opposite the Galley going forward are six cabinets all with fitted glassware, below an opening sliding window.
Next forward is the Pilothouse. The entire Companionway sole is varnished teak and holly with an Oriental runner.
Largely expanded from the original build, the Galley is sure to please any chef. All appliances were recently updated. Large opening windows help create a very open area.
- Viking side by side stainless steel fridge with freezer below (2019)
- Miele stainless steel dishwasher (2019)
- Dumbwaiter to Flybridge in forward port corner
- Thermador food warmer
- Electrolux glass top 5 burner cooktop & stainless steel oven w/removable sea rails (2019)
- GE Monogram Stainless steel undermount microwave
- Chef stainless steel range hood (2019)
- Separate high volume exhaust fan system
- Double stainless steel sink
- Garbage disposal
- Removable spray faucet
- Instahot water
- Granite counter tops
- (14) Drawers
- (16) Cabinets
- Fold down serving table
- (12) Outlet multi strip below cabinets for appliances
- Digital AC controls
- Pantry just outside and forward of Galley
- Vinyl flooring
- (10) Overhead LED lights on a dimmer
- Undercounter lighting
Aft to port are three file drawers, a tall locker, a shelf with an “all in one printer” and a storage cabinet above. To starboard is ladder access to the Upper Helm.
Also in this area are five overhead lights, two stereo speakers, sliding/folding screens for the doors and needing special mention is the intricate and finely finished joinery so rarely found in Pilothouses of boats of this age.
- Furuno 3D Nav Net Black Box processor with separate keyboard
- Furuno 120 mile Black Box radar
- Furuno AIS, Class B sends and receives
- Furuno G-39 DGPS
- Furuno Sirius Marine Sat weather receiver
- Raymarine Tri data, depth speed and water temp
- Standard Horizon VLH 3000 loud hailer
- (2) Icom ICM 604 VHF radios
- Simrad AP25 autopilot
- 30” Teak helm wheel
- Time Zero navigation program for shipboard computer
- Portable computer with Maptech navigation system
- Naiad Multisea II stabilizer controls
- (2) Seakeeper gyro controls
- Kenwood AM/FM/CD stereo
- (2) 20” Dell computer monitors for chart/radar
- 19” touch screen computer monitor
- CAT electronic engine monitors
- CAT electronic gauge controls (Sturdy)
- Sidepower integrated bow & stern thruster controls
- Generator start/stop switches
- Ritchie 6” magnetic compass
- Overhead red navigation lights
- Steering motor controls (A & B two steering systems)
- Digital tank gauges
Panel in Pilothouse with:
- (10) Bilge pump switches
- (10) High water alarms w/horn
- (13) Fire alarm indicators w/horn
- (5) Door open indicators
Aft is the full beam Master. Just forward of the stairs to starboard are three stewardess lockers with shelves and ample storage.
Next forward to port is a Guest Cabin with twin lower berths, a pullman berth and an ensuite head.
To starboard is an identical cabin that’s been modified to a tapered double berth retaining the pullman berth inboard. It also has an ensuite head.
A curved soffit above the berth houses seven LED dimmable reading lights. Either side of the berth are six drawers and three cabinets with a marble top to match the nightstands. Above, sliding Soji screens hide the two port and two starboard portlights.
Next forward to port is a small auto lit hanging locker followed by the “his head”.
On the forward bulkhead is a Sharp 42” LED TV and a second larger hanging locker and the entrance door on centerline.
To starboard is the entrance to the “her head” and a large auto lit hanging locker with shelves within. The sole is carpeted, the digital A/C controls are hidden in the small hanging locker.
Also in the cabin are ten dimmable LED overhead lights, a five channel stereo system with a hidden subwoofer, smoke/fire alarms and a full size dressing mirror on the interior of the entry door.
The cabin’s sound system consists of an Onyko A/V tuner, a Sony Blue Ray disc player and two Direct TV Sat TV tuners.
“His Head” to Port
The stall shower has an obscured glass door, a handheld or wall mountable fixture, a light and an exhaust fan.
Also in the head is a make up mirror, marble sole to match the countertop and five overhead lights.
Port Guest Cabin
At the foot of the inboard berth is a five drawer dresser with a 32” Toshiba LED TV above. At the foot of the outboard berth is a ¾ height two door auto lit hanging locker. Within the locker are two Direct TV Sat receivers and the cabin’s AC controls.
Midship is the ensuite head entrance. Outboard of the outboard berth are two opening portholes with drapes and a shelf below. Above are four dimmable LED lights. A Kenwood AM/FM/CD stereo and two stereo speakers provide entertainment. Noise cancelling headphones allow for private listening.
Port Cabin Guest Head
Inboard of the sink is a stall shower with a hinged obscured glass door, a handheld or wall mountable fixture and a light.
Outboard of the vanity is a medicine cabinet, three open shelves, an opening porthole with drapes and below a Galley Maid electric toilet with auto flush button. Above are two lights, an exhaust fan and an A/C outlet.
Starboard Guest Cabin
At the foot of the berth outboard is a two door ¾ height auto lit hanging locker with two Direct TV Sat receivers and the cabin’s digital A/C controls.
Next inboard is an access door to the private head with a full size dressing mirror facing the cabin on the inside of the door. Further inboard is a chest of six drawers with a countertop and hanging above, a 32” Toshiba LED TV.
Also in the cabin are four overhead LED lights on a dimmer, a brass wall light fixture and a carpeted sole.
The cabin’s entertainment comes from a Kenwood AM/FM/CD stereo, two stereo speakers and the option of two noise cancelling headphones.
Starboard Guest Head
- Painted aluminum nonskid decking
- Varnished teak cap rails
- Varnished teak hand rails w/covers w/stainless steels, stanchions & life lines
- (2) Built in deck boxes w/hinged tops for seating w/removable cushions & covers
- (6) Foredeck courtesy lights
- Bow seat w/removable cushions & storage below
- (2) Foredeck speakers
- 34” Square deck hatch into Crew Area
- Dual storage lockers flanking bow seat
- (2) Welded hawse hole/cleats combos forward
- Stainless steel anchor chute w/removable cover
- Muir 4500 hydraulic windlass
- Fortjord 150’ anchor
- 350’ of galvanized anchor chain
- Dual spring line cleats/hawse hole combos
- (3) Windshield wipers/washers
- Canvas windshield cover
- Port & stbd trunk cabin hinged storage cabinets
- Bow flag staff socket
- 24” Wide painted aluminum side deck
- Full overhang above for sun & weather protection
- Varnished teak cap rails
- Varnished teak hand rails w/cover
- Varnished teak cove molding
- (4) Overhead lights port & starboard
- Opening windows in Galley
- Midship electrical hookup, port & starboard
- Inboard Engine Room vents
- Hinged boarding gates port & starboard at 1/3 and 2/3 side deck locations both port & stbd
- (2) Varnished boat hooks stored overhead
- (2) Side deck cameras
- (2) Hinged wing doors to Aft Deck
- Port & starboard mounted life rings
- (7) Step Marquipt boarding ladder stored to starboard on side deck
The Cockpit was added during the 2009 refit making the boat much more Bahamas Island friendly with easy access to the water and allowing for a spacious Lazarette access.
From the Aft Deck there are seven steps each with a step light on the portside leading down to 7’ of clear Cockpit deck space fore and aft.
- Painted nonskid decking
- Wide varnished teak cover boards w/covers
- (6) Lee flush mount rod holders
- A walk thru transom door
- 3’ Deep welded aluminum swim platform w/popup tender cleats
- (2) Hawse hole cleat combos
- Large scuppers port & starboard
- (2) Stereo speakers
- Aft shore cord inlet for (3) 50 amp shore cords
- Portable fishing chair w/gimbal
- 7 burner Cal Flame stainless steel grill under a hinged aluminum cover
- Vented gas bottle storage
- Deck box type storage
- Aft facing camera
- (2) Go Light remote spotlights
- Hot & cold shower
- Large gas assist shock to area under Cockpit
- (2) 38 Gallon Rheem water heater (new 2019)
- Digital AC dedicated to this area
- Four step folding swim ladder
- Large Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer
- Seakeeper control box for (2) units mounted under Cockpit model “M 7000-A”
- Commercial Bauer dive compressor w/3 hours running time
- Overhead rod racks for (3) rods
- Household air compressor hose on a reel
- Overhead fluorescent lighting
- (6) Storage bins for spare parts
- (2) Digital fuel tank gauges for aft tanks
- 12/24/120/240 volt Lazarette panel
Accessed from the Pilothouse the fully covered and air conditioned Flybridge is covered with a fiberglass hardtop with 11 LED lights in the underside of the hardtop. The helm is on centerline. To starboard is a full size Vision Fitness treadmill and a 32” Seiki LED TV followed by a wet bar with a sink, Raritan stainless steel icemaker and two door storage under the sink. This is followed by a two person corner seat aft.
Starting forward to port the helm cabinet continues outboard, to the dumb waiter from the Galley, four small storage drawers and a wine cooler style glass front refrigerator behind an FRP door. The top of this area has a cushion making it one of the best seats in the house.
Next aft is an L shaped settee to seat six to seven people with an adjustable height motorized table for dining facing forward.
All of the cabinets have a crisp white paint finish with varnished trim for a very clean look.
Additional features include:
- (4) Low level LED deck lights
- Painted nonskid decking
- (3) Integral handrails in the hardtop
- Hinged door to the Boat Deck
- EZ2CY 3 panel front enclosure
- 3 Side clear vinyl enclosure with (5) U Zips for ventilation
- (2) Stereo speakers
Flybridge Helm Equipment
- (2) Stidd helm chairs w/footrests
- Furuno Nav Net 3D 10.2” screen for plotter, radar, depth
- 12” Argonaut color monitor for PC based plotting
- Simrad AP 25 autopilot
- Sidepower integrated bow & stern thruster controls
- CAT electronic engine controls (Sturdy)
- CAT electronic LED engine monitors
- Sidepower hydraulic system alarm & kill switch
- Marine Air A/C controls
- (2) Generator start/stop panels
- (2) Icom Command mics from lower VHF’s
- Kenwood AM/FM/CD stereo
- Engine start/stop switches
- (2) Drawers at helm
- Hinged access door to Pilothouse
- Huge storage area under helm & equipment access
- Helm cover
- Aluminum nonskid painted deck
- Steel Head Marine CT 2000, 2000 lb. davit
- Raised aluminum bulwarks w/varnished cap rail & cover
- Welded aluminum rail style tender chocks
- Aft U shaped seating w/varnished trim, storage below, removable cushions & cover
- Hi-lo table w/varnished trim
- Steps down to Aft Deck, hatch over stairs & safety rail
- 10 Person life raft mounted aft w/cover
- KVH Trac Vision M-7, aft
- KVH redundant Trac Vision M-7, aft
- Chocked 132 lb. stainless steel Danforth anchor
- Freshwater wash down spigot
- (4) Storage cabinets forward
- ACR EPIRB
- (4) FB stereo speakers
Double hinged aluminum mast w/the following features:
- Chrome ship’s bell
- Triple Kahlenberg air horns
- Over the air TV antenna
- Furuno 6’ open array radar antenna
- Furuno 4’ open array radar antenna
- (2) VHF antennas
- Cell booster antenna
- International Navigation lights
- (2) GPS sensors
- (2) Spreader lights
- (2) Flag halyards
At the base of the stairs going forward to starboard is a Laundry Area with eight storage cabinets, a foldable laundry shelf and a Maytag front loading washer and a front loading Samsung dryer.
Continuing forward is the private Captain’s Suite. A full size double berth is to starboard with an outboard shelf with an opening porthole above and three storage cabinets below. At the foot of the berth is a Samsung 32” TV and a Direct TV receiver. Two sconce lights at the head of the berth serve as reading lights. Inboard is a nightstand and three shelves.
The berth is raised with six drawers and a step below.
Forward in the fore peak is a roomy head with a granite topped vanity with storage below and an undermount Kohler sink above. A large storage cabinet is forward with a mirrored medicine cabinet above the sink.
The stall shower has an obscured glass hinged locker, a handheld or wall mountable fixture, a light and a large Bomar deck hatch into the anchor locker.
The toilet is a Galley Maid electric with an auto flush timer. Two additional lockers are outboard of the toilet.
To port in the Captain’s Suite is ¾ height hanging locker and a desk area.
Back into the crew common area to port is a four person dinette, storage and a Rival microwave. An Icom Command mic is connected to the Pilothouse VHF. An Acer computer screen on the aft bulkhead displays the security cameras.
Next aft is a private crew cabin with over/under berths in a criss/cross arrangement. Storage is abundant with nine drawers, a hanging locker and four cabinets.
This cabin has an opening porthole, a 24” Insignia TV, a Sony DVD player and a Direct TV Sat receiver. Overhead are three LED lights.
Opposite to starboard back in the common area is a refrig/freezer and access to the crew head.
The crew head has a two door vanity with a granite countertop and an undermount china sink. Above the sink is an opening porthole. Forward is a medicine cabinet and the cabin’s stall shower with an obscured hinged glass door, a handheld or wall mounted fixture and a light.
The toilet is a Galley Maid electric model with an auto flush switch.
Also in the head are three overhead lights and an exhaust fan.
- 2009 CAT C-18 875 HP main engines
- 2009 Epoxy coated exhaust system
- Sidepower 50 HP hydraulic bow thruster (2009)
- Sidepower 50 HP hydraulic stern thruster (2009)
- PTO’s for hydraulic system (including windlass) off port & starboard transmissions (2009)
- Naiad stabilizer system w/cooling water flow meter
- (2) 144,000 BTU Chilled water AC compressors w/DDC chilled water mast control panel
- (2) Variable frequency drives for AC compressors
- (2) Engine Room intake fans (2019)
- (2) Engine Room exhaust fans (2019)
- (2) Headhunter freshwater pumps
- Reverso fuel priming system (2009)
- FCI Aquamiser watermaker 1500 GPD (2017)
- Kidde FM 2000 fire suppression system (current inspection)
- (2) Northern Lights exhaust gas separators
- (2) CAT coolant expansion tanks
- Dual Racor filter for each engine
- (2) Racor 500 fuel filters for each generator
- FRP “Marine Exhaust” system mufflers
- Airsep crankcase ventilation systems on main engines
- Reverso 4 point oil change system
- Hydraulic tank w/hydraulic power pack aft in Engine Room
- Custom fuel manifold in cabinet aft in Engine Room
- Dual Racor 1000 fuel filters as part of fuel transfer/polishing system
- (2) CCTV Engine Room cameras
- (3) Multi drawer tool boxes
- Single cylinder air compressor w/remote tank & (2) separate adjustable pressure regulators
- Workbench w/vice
- Headhunter ozone generator for black water tank
- Sea Land holding tank vent filter
- 220 volt manifolded bilge pump
- (2) CAT digital engine panels in Engine Room
- AC fluorescent Engine Room lighting
- DC LED Engine Room lighting
- Gear driven grey water pump
- Gear driven black water pump
- Sony AM/FM/CD stereo w/(2) speakers
- (2) Block heaters
- Fresh air make-up system
- UV-freshwater purifier & (2) canister type filter for freshwater system
- (6) Aluminum integral fuel tanks (double bottom) plus 2 day tanks in the Engine Room
- All sandblasted and recoated in 2015 with high solids epoxy
- #1: 880 gallons located under Master Cabin
- #2: 1148 gallons located between Master & Guest Cabin
- #3: 718 gallons located under Guest Stateroom
- #4 + 5: 373 gallons each, day tanks located in port & starboard Engine Room
- #6 + 7: 230 gallons each located in Lazarette outboard
- #8: 180 gallons located in Lazarette center
Black water tank
- 700 gallons located between main engine sandblasted & recoated 2015
Grey water tank
- Capacity unknown, located Engine Room forward, sandblasted & recoated 2015
- #1 + 2: 500 gallons each located under Crew’s Quarters
- Tank tender in crew mess for freshwater and black water tanks
- 120/240 Volt AC 60 HZ electrical system
- 12/24 Volt DC electrical system
- Northern Lights 33 KW generator, 8149 hours in sound shield port
- Northern Lights 33 KW generator, 8111 hours in sound shield starboard
- (2) 8D gel cell batteries for 24 volt systems
- (2) 8D gel cell batteries for 12 volt systems
- (2) 8D gel cell batteries for house systems
- (3) 50 amp 220 volt AC inlets
- Shorepower #1 + 2 connected via Smartbox &
- Acme 100 amp isolation transformer w/boost function for shore cords 1 & 2
- Second isolation transformer w/boost function for shore cord #3
- Shorepower #3 (50 amp) for air conditioning
- Main engines use 24 volt circuit for starting
- Generators use 12 volt circuit for starting
- Wards electrical shore power parallel controller forward in Engine Room with LED status
- 1800 watt Xantrex inverter w/bypass switch
- Xantrex 24 volt, 25 amp battery charger
- Charles 12 volt, 50 amp battery charger
- Analog DC volt & amp meters
- (2) Analog generator volt meters
- (2) Analog generator amp meters
- (2) Analog shore power volt meters
- (2) Analog shore power amp meters
- (4) Rotary switches for gen 1/gen 2/shore 1 & 2 & shore 3
- Selector switches for each of the (3) shore cords to be port, starboard or aft
- (5) Breaker protected 24V DC circuits
- (20) Breaker protected 12 volt DC circuits
- (15) Breaker protected 240 volt AC circuits
- (65) Breaker protected 120 volt AC circuits
- (4) Additional sub panels for Guest Cabin, Lazarette DC, Lazarette AC & Wheelhouse panel DC
- Capac corrosion monitor
Built at 88’ she was stretched to 102’ at Lauderdale Marine Center in 2009. At that time new 4 cycle CAT C-18’s detuned to 875 HP were installed. Hydraulic, electrical, anchoring and stabilization systems were replaced with new at that time.
Subsequent refits in 2015 and 2017 saw rebuilds of her main engines due to a design error in 2009 exhaust system design, keel area replating as needed, new polypropylene sea valves and a Delron isolator kits on stainless steel sea valves, all tanks cleaned, sandblasted, pressure tested and recoated. (2) New Sea Keeper gyros in Lazarette, which have been recently serviced, etc., etc.
As recent as 2020 her bottom was stripped and recoated, stabilizer fins dropped, actuators rebuilt, etc.
Upgraded often and at a significant cost. During her 14’ extension (running gear extended) BANYAN was treated to a complete reportedly 5 million dollar mechanical refit including engines, generators, AC plant, hydraulic thrusters and windlass, Seakeepers, etc.
Continually cared for since, she shows like much newer yachts.
Available with the balance of a lease purchase the new owner will benefit from partial interest free financing and get a boat that is ready to cruise immediately.