2001 West Bay 58' (17.68 m) Sonship
Fort Pierce, Florida, United States
Ideal Great Loop, Keys, and Bahamas Boat!
- Motor Yachts
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: BZH05865D101
This beautiful 58 West Bay Sonship just completed her two-year Great Loop journey and is ready for her next adventure to the Keys, Bahamas, or another Great Loop Passage. The boat has been meticulously maintained by a knowledgeable owner-operator, with new upgrades throughout. All annual maintenance on mechanical equipment has been followed. She also comes with a 2021 Zodiac Tender with a 60-hp Mercury outboard.
The Westbay 58 is a three-stateroom, raised pilothouse motor yacht with a cockpit and flybridge and has one of the finest interior arrangements of any similar type of yacht. The interior sound-deadening woodwork is crafted in satin-finished American cherry with high-gloss corner posts throughout. Apart from the galley pilothouse area and the heads, her floors are covered in carpet with a sound-deadening underlayment. Head floors are covered in marble tile. All fabrics, wall coverings, carpets, bedspreads, pillow shams, and more have been upgraded to the highest quality. Closets and hanging lockers are lined with aromatic cedar. The windows on the main deck are gray-tinted, heat-treated laminated glass. There are four separate and independent cooling and heating systems throughout.
The electronics package has been upgraded to Garmin and includes dual chart plotters in Pilot House and Flybridge, autopilot, AIS, and MMSI. Her engine room is clean and well-kept, with full-standing headroom and a thoughtful layout, making maintenance and accessibility to equipment unbelievably easy.
The twin CAT 3196-TA 660 HP diesels have approximately 1000 hours since a major overhaul! New Exhausts 2016 by DeAngelo Marine. The 12 KW generator has 2919 hours (10/23) and the 20 KW generator has 1393 hours (10/23). Regardless of the weather, she provides a great cruising experience with her WesMar stabilizers.
- CAT 3196-TA 660 HP diesels with approximately 1000 hours since major overhaul in 2015 (all records available)
- WesMar Stabilizers
- 2021 Zodiac Tender
- Maintenance and upgrade records are available
- Dual pump hydraulic PTO system off transmission drives for Windlass, Davit Steel Head Hydraulic Davit, 1,500 lb., serviced in 2021
- 2 Garmin Glass 7612 chart plotters (Flybridge)
- Garmin Autopilot Reactor 40 Remote Station, New 2020 (Flybridge)
- 2 Garmin Glass Helm 8617 plotter/sounder (Pilot House)
- Garmin Autopilot Reactor 40 Remote Station, New 2020 (Pilot House)
- Garmin Radar GXM 53 (upgrade 2021) (Pilot House)
- Garmin AIS System with separate receive-only switch (new 2020) (Pilot House)
- Garmin Sirius Weather (Pilot House)
- 12kw and 20 kw generators with updated hours
Babb Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Denison Yachting. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 63' 6'' (19.35 Meters)
Type: Power- Used
Beam: 17' 1''
Draft Max: 5' 7''
Cruise Speed: 17 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 1000 Gallons (3785.41 Liters)
Fresh Water: 260 Gallons (984.21 Liters)
Holding Tank: 95 Gallons (359.61 Liters)
Dry Weight: 62000
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Caterpillar
- Engine Model: 3196TA
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Power HP: 660.00
- Power KW: 492.16
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 985.00
- Engine Location: Port
- Engine Make: Caterpillar
- Engine Model: 3196TA
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Power HP: 660.00
- Power KW: 492.16
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 1116.00
- Engine Location: Starboard
Accommodations & Layout
The Westbay 58, is a three-stateroom, raised pilothouse motor yacht with cockpit and flybridge, and has one of the finest interior arrangements of any similar type of yacht. Interior woodwork is crafted in satin varnished American Cherry with high gloss corner posts throughout. Apart from the galley pilothouse area and the heads, her floors are covered in carpet with a sound-deadening underlayment. Head floors are covered in marble tile. All fabrics, wall coverings, carpets, bedspreads pillow shams, and more have been upgraded to the highest quality. Closets and hanging lockers are lined with aromatic cedar. Windows on the main deck are gray-tinted, heat-treated laminated glass. There are 4 separate and independent cooling and heating systems throughout.
Electronics package has been upgraded to Garmin and includes dual chart plotters in Pilot House and Flybridge, autopilot, AIS, and MMSI. Her engine room is clean and well-kept, with full-standing headroom and a thoughtful layout, making maintenance and accessibility to equipment unbelievably easy. The twin CAT 3196-TA 660 HP diesels have approximately 100 hours since a major overhaul! New Exhausts 2016 By DeAngelo Marine.
Three steps down from the Pilothouse or three steps up from the cockpit, the salon provides a relaxing open, and airy space with great visibility all around. To port is a very large U-shaped sofa (recovered by C2 Shore) with an adjustable-height coffee table.
Forward to starboard is a custom cabinet for wine bottles and glasses. Continuing along the starboard side, custom cabinetry encloses the motorized retractable 42” television screen. A large upholstered swivel club chair lends extra seating.
All furniture tops are finished in Madrone Burl. Wood blinds cover the windows. The double aft doors are equipped with rollaway screens, and open to the cockpit
A spacious outboard-facing U-shaped Galley, with a large window over the sink is located in the aft port corner of the Pilothouse. It is efficient in design, layout, and storage space. All countertops are finished in granite with splash rail, the floor is teak and holly style, and the refrigerator is paneled to match the cabinetry. The sink is a double stainless basin with single lever Grohe faucet. Four burner Miele electric stove top is covered by a custom-routed Boos cutting board for extra counter space. Opposite the galley, an upholstered dinette will comfortably seat four. with granite-topped pedestal table and full storage beneath. Aft of the dinette is a curved staircase to the Flybridge.
- GE side-by-side fridge/freezer (19.7 cu ft)
- Broan trash compactor
- KitchenAid combination convection/microwave oven 2021
- Insinkerator disposal
- Broan exhaust hood
- Miele 4-burner cooktop, custom routed Boos Block cutting board provides workspace when cooktop is not in use (2021)
- Raritan Ice maker
Located amidships to take advantage of the full beam of the boat. A centerline queen-size bed with dual control Sleep Number Mattress (new 2020) and upgraded bedspread and pillow shams. Nightstands on either side with swing arm reading lights on the headboard. Concealed overhead rope lighting adds ambiance.
Cherry-finished cabinets and hanging closets provide ample storage for clothing and personal items. A small Honeywell safe is located in the larger closet. To starboard is a large dresser with drawers and doors, a cabinet, and large hanging locker. Forward to port is a larger lighted step-in closet A separate closet houses a Whirlpool stacked washer and dryer.
The ensuite Master Head runs fore and aft along the port side. The vanity top is marble with under-mounted oval sink.
Aft is a stall shower with glass door and single lever adjustable height Moen showerhead. Forward is the VacuFlush freshwater toilet. The medicine cabinet is finished with beveled mirror doors, the headliner is a fitted mirror, and the ventilating fan has an automatic timer.
VIP Stateroom Forward
Centerline queen-size berth with 7" innerspring mattress, upgraded bedspread and pillow shams, and large storage beneath.
The stateroom features a lighted cedar-lined hanging locker with shelf storage to starboard, 2 Lewmar overhead hatches with Ocean screens/shades, a dresser, and, built-in shelves outboard and mirrored forward bulkhead. Concealed overhead rope lighting adds ambiance. An HP combo printer linked to wireless network provides the flexibility to conduct work when needed.
Guest Stateroom Port
Upper and lower berths, outboard, fitted with 7" innerspring mattresses and upgraded bedspreads and pillow shams. There is a lighted hanging locker (which contains shelves that could be removed) and a mirrored full-height storage locker forward with shelves. Concealed overhead rope lighting adds ambiance.
Located opposite the Port Guest Stateroom with marble-topped vanity, beveled mirrored medicine cabinet, VacuFlush freshwater toilet, automatic ventilating fan on a timer, fitted mirror headliner, and storage cupboard below the vanity. The separate shower stall offers a bench seat, single lever Moen showerhead, and glass door.
At the same level as the Galley and Dinette is the Pilothouse centered around a curved console with navigation and full engine instrumentation and engine controls with an adjustable Stidd helmsman chair. To port is a chart/work area with chart drawers and storage beneath.
Windows are kept clear, when needed; by three multi-speed marine grade windshield wipers with washers and an air defrost system. She has both port and starboard access through flush-fit aircraft-type sliding doors with rollaway screens.
- 2 Garmin Glass Helm 8617 plotter/sounder
- Garmin Autopilot Reactor 40 remote station New 2020
- Garmin Radar GXM 53 (upgrade 2021)
- Garmin AIS System with separate receive-only switch (new 2020)
- Garmin Sirius Weather
- Icom M605 VHF radio/hailer w/UA 4 amplifier (new 2020), integrated MMSI for distress call
- WAVE WIFI system to capture and amplify Wi-Fi from ports of call
- Cushioned helm chair on center and passenger seat to port
- (2) L-shaped settees with individual tables
- 1,500 lb. hydraulic Steelhead davit (2021 maintenance)
- Life Sling for Man Overboard (2021)
- The Flybridge is completely covered, well aft of the hinged radar arch, with a removable Bimini top and 4-sided enclosure
- 2 Garmin glass 7612 chart plotters
- Garmin Autopilot Reactor 40 remote station New 2020
- Icom M602 VHF radio, second VHF radio Mic to hail bridges and monitor 16
- Hailer speaker - arch mounted
- 4' digital cell antenna - arch mounted
- 16' digital VHF antenna (2)
Engine room engine controls Dual pump hydraulic PTO system off transmission drives for, Windlass, Davit Steel Head Hydraulic Davit, 1,500 lb – serviced 2021 Muir hydraulic windlass
- Wesmar 10" hydraulic bow thruster
- Wesmar RS600 hydraulic stabilizers w/electric gyro
- Cockpit station (3rd) at port side for docking with swing-out arm and bow thruster controls
- 5-blade Nibral propellers-balanced by Treasure Coast Marine 2017
- CruiseAir reverse cycle air conditioning system - 4 zones (Salon New 2018), Pilot House Blower (New 2020, systems checked, and condensate lines flushed annually)
- 2 AC Raw Water Pumps – redundant system installed so there is an in-line backup pump for immediate use (new 2021)
- Espar 2 zone diesel heating system - for entire interior
- Hydraulic trim tabs - dual station controls (maintenance in 2021)
- 2 110 AC thermostatically controlled 2,000 cfm engine room blowers (New 2021)
- 4 Rule 1200 12-volt bilge pumps (3 bilge pumps replaced in 2020) and 4 high water alarm systems
- Kidde Halon fire extinguishing system (Cert. Jan. 2022), additional handheld extinguishers in Engine Room, Salon, Kitchen, Master Stateroom
- Fuel tank sight gauges
- Dual fuel filter system for engines
- Fuel tank crossover system
- Deck fuel fills - port & starboard midship
- Sea Recovery 800 gpd water maker w/fresh water flush serviced with new filters and NEW booster pump and UV light (1/20)
- Remote control for water maker in pilothouse
- 12-volt oil change system for engines and generator
- 12-volt macerator pump for holding tank
- Direct discharge through hull for holding tank
- Deck pump out for holding tank
- Large capacity sea strainers for engines and generators
- Trolling controls in engine room
- Dockside freshwater inlet w/pressure regulator
- Saltwater washdown at bow (new pump 2021)
- Freshwater washdown at Bow, Cockpit, Flybridge
- VacuFlush freshwater head system vacuum tanks 2016, new duckbills and bellows 2022
- High water bilge alarms - audio & visual
- Whole boat water filtration with UV light- new 2016, maintenance 2020
- Arid bilge 3 zone system for dry bilges, maintenance (2/21)
Westbay has developed a high-quality AC/DC ship electrical system that begins with a custom load-switching AC circuit breaker panel for balancing generator and shore power to obtain maximum efficiency. It is further supported by a Yacht-O-Matic automatic electrical source switching system to provide hands-off control for generators and shore power loads. There are analog meters to monitor AC and DC amps and volts. Low voltage AC halogen, 120 volt fluorescent, and 12 volt lighting is used appropriately throughout the boat.
- 20kW Northern Lights generators - sound shield & Silent Run exhaust system (1238 hrs. 07/28/2022)
- 12kW Northern Lights generators - sound shield & Silent Run exhaust system (2737 hrs. 07/28/20122
- Remote panels for generators – pilothouse
- New Victron Energy Multi Plus 3000 KW Inverter (2020)
- New 1,400 CCA 24 volt starting batteries 2022 with entire 12v/24v system reconfigured and upgraded by Trinity Marine electric in 2018
- Automatic 120/208/240-volt shore power selector
- Dedicated generator starting battery
- 200 amp alternator for house bank
- 40 amp alternator for engine and generator batteries
- 25-amp charger for engine control and start batteries- NEW MASTERVOLT programmed by Trinity Marine
- Digital input voltmeter
- 12-volt Electronics breaker panel in pilothouse
- Glendinning 50 amp 240 volt retractable 80' shore power cord system
- 2nd 50' 50 amp shore power cord, 3rd 20’ 50 amp shore power cord
- Additional shore power inlet, port side forward midship
- 750-watt/120-volt heater in master stateroom berth foot
- 750-watt/120-volt heater in forward stateroom berth foot
- 110-volt fluorescent and 12-volt halogen overhead lighting in engine room
- Incandescent lighting in all other bilges
- Dual electric air horns
- 12-volt receptacles - pilothouse & flybridge, cockpit (2021)
- Electrolysis bonding system w/zincs & shaft brushes, zincs replaced as needed)
- Ground fault receptacles - heads, engine room, aft deck & flybridge
- Workbench with vice in engine room
KVH 6 Satellite TV - arch-mounted antenna. KVH TracPhone 50 - arch-mounted antenna (in storage).
- 42" Samsung LED TV
- Sony A65 Satellite receiver
- Master remote for entertainment system
- Denon DVD player
- Panasonic VHS VCR
- Denon AVR Surround Sound receiver & amplifier
- Alpine 70-watt amplifier
- Denon 5 disc CD player
- Alpine sub-woofer w/amp
- 4 Tannoy speakers
- Polk audio subwoofer
- Xantech receiver & power supply
- Roku (2021)
- Bluetooth compatible for streaming music and video
Pilothouse, Master Stateroom, and VIP Stateroom
- 2 Tannoy speakers w/volume control
- Alpine CDM 7854 AM/FM stereo CD player
Babb 534 waterproof speakers (2)
The cockpit may be entered from the swim platform, or from the salon via double doors. It is laid with 5/8” teak, new in 2019. Concurrently, the swim platform teak surface was removed and replaced with a non-skid surface.
Cockpit highlights include varnished teak cap rails, five storage lockers port, and starboard, a swing-out control station with engine and bow thruster controls on port side for docking, sink and faucet, Miele electric barbecue grill, handheld hot/cold shower, and multi-color select courtesy lights. Waterproof speakers and overhead floodlights on the flybridge provide sound and light. Steps to the salon swing up to give access to the stand-up engine room. The Lazarette is beneath the centerline hatch and has abundant storage with custom shelving for spare parts, battery banks, water maker, and other systems.
White hull is vacuum bonded hand laid up fiberglass Knytex and BTI with 1" core cell, urethane foam core fiberglass stringers, and ISO Aristech resin osmosis protection below the waterline. The deck is cored, as are all bulkheads.
Barium-filled foam composite laminate in engine room bulkheads and overhead for sound insulation. Bilges and machinery spaces are finished out in epoxy paint for ease of maintenance. Boot stripe is 2" black Imron and bottom is finished with Interlux 2000/2001 epoxy barrier and Micron CSC extra anti-fouling paint.
The hull is protected with a rub rail capped with a stainless-steel striker. All handrails and rail fittings are 1 1/4'" 316 stainless. 12 cleats - 4 bow, 2 stern, 4 spring line, and 2 flush popups on swim platform. An anchor platform with bow roller is fitted on the foredeck. Propeller shafts and hydrodynamic rudders are stainless steel.
Cockpit floor is laid teak sole and varnished teak cap rail on bulwarks. A port side door opens to the swim platform with 5 removable N stainless handrails/staples.
Special Cruising Features
Unique cruiser-friendly features are as follows:
- Second dedicated master stateroom air conditioning unit that can run through a Prosine inverter for overnight silent ship operation
- (2) 3000-watt inverters with over-size battery banks
- Major ground tackle upgrade (by a factor of two)
- Dual-zone central heating systems (diesel & electric, controlled in each stateroom)
- Engine trolling valves for slow-speed operation
- Whirlpool YLTE5243 stacked washer dryer
- Kaloric 40 bottle dual temp wine or beverage cooler
- Muir 3,500 lb. hydraulic windlass w/bow, bridge & pilothouse controls
- 130 lb. Stainless Steel Ultra anchor and Anchor Bridle
- 300' 3/8' high test galvanized anchor chain (marked)
- 14' Zodiac Yatchline hard bottom & stainless bow grab rails (new 2021) plus cover
- 60 hp Yamaha outboard - 4 stroke (new 2021)
- Westminster Teak Round Folding Gateleg Table and 2 stackable chairs
- Dock Box
- MarQuipt Sea Stair, and molded TaylorMade 4-Step stairs
- 1,500# hydraulic Steal Head rotating dinghy davit
- 4 Step collapsible aluminum ladder
- Flybridge Bimini extended aft of arch with 4-sided enclosure
- Sun covers for windshield
- Sun covers for pilothouse doors
- Helm seat covers - flybridge
- Seating covers - flybridge
- Console cover - flybridge
- 2 aft 50’ dock lines
- 2 50' dock lines
- 2 35' dock lines
- 2 25' dock lines
- 6 Fenders with 2 custom fender hooks for aft, 1 large bow fender ball
- Boathooks 2
- Switlik 6-man life raft in hard shell CERTIFIED 2021
- ACR 406 EPIRB (must be recertified)
- USCG-approved handheld fire extinguishers (4) (New Jan. 2021)
- 4 Type 1 Adult offshore life jackets, 4 adult near shore life jackets
- Man overboard Life Sling (2021)
- Orion flare kit
- 6" bell
- Air horn
- Teak flagstaff
- Stainless burgee staff
- Owner's manual with schematic drawings for all systems
- All maintenance records
Routine Maintenance & Upgrades
- Full Detail (6/22)
- Bow thruster- remove, seal, service (11/20)
- Bottom Paint (11/20)
- Props Sanded and Prop Speed (4/22)
- Wave-Wi-Fi booster/ router
- Full Wax (6/22)
- Oil change every 200 hours of engines and generators
- Impellers changed annually
- Rudder Shaft Seals (5/21)
- Cutlass Bearings (11/20)
- Engines belts replaced (5/21)
- ICOM 605 VHF radio with integrated MMSI for Distress Call
- 2 Garmin Autopilot Systems
- Victron Energy Multi Plus 3000 KW Inverter (2020)
- 1,400 CCA 24 volt starting batteries (2022) with entire 12v/24v system reconfigured and upgraded by Trinity Marine Electric in 2018
The owners have constantly and consistently maintained this boat to the highest level. Annual maintenance on all mechanical parts, biannual waxing, etc. A true fix-it-before-it-breaks mentality has been applied to the care of this vessel.
The Westbay 58 is a rare yacht in its execution of layout and function. Spaces are incredibly enjoyable from the flybridge, main salon, pilothouse, master stateroom, cockpit, and even the engine room. This particular yacht has been enhanced by a knowledgeable, experienced, and meticulous owner, who paid attention to the details as well as the quality and character of her outfitting and furnishings.
- Owner’s personal belongings
- Cookware and small appliances, serving pieces
- Handheld communication devices
- Shoe cubby in salon
- Owner does not have attachments for central vacuum system
- Non boat-specific spare parts[az1]
- Fishing equipment
- Vessel name
- Extra Ropes
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Babb Yachts was established to create more value for their clients within the marketplace. In this ever changing world, we believe having flexibility is the key to getting deals done in the most efficient, timely, and cost effective manner. Our listings are marketed and enhanced on the best platforms available within the industry. If you want experience, knowledge, and trust on your side, please contact Babb Yachts.